Overall Over Again?

If you hadn't notice, overalls are back this summer. Last time this trend was on the run, I was still learning to ride my bike and high-waist jeans were still Mom's favorite.With the come back of the trend, I wasn't sure how I can pull it off with my petite little self not looking like a 12-year-old. I tried on several combinations with this particular denim overall I found at Forever 21 I decided I like these three looks best.




This first look is me just being me: putting on bright colors, quirky nerd glasses, carrying my dog etc. But instead of putting on a pair of Toms of flip-flop for the ease of running around, I chose this beautiful clog I picked up at the Nordstrom mid-year sales the other day. I like the chunky heels and how the denim-ish color goes with the overall. The clogs also help me look a little more grown-up in this outfit (from 12yrs to maybe 16yrs?) I would recommend playing with tops with colors and a neutral-colored overall. (On the look for a long overall in brown or navy.) I think it creates a fun look with heaps of youthfulness to it.



The second approved look is a more neutral/simple look. Here, we are playing with juxtaposition where we mix the short and childish overall with a more mature long-sleeve striped top. This is an easy look to pull off. If you want to make sure you don't look like you just ran off from day care, be sure to choose a top with a very neutral color and a nice and defined pattern. Complete the look with a fun pair of heels and you're good to go.




If it gets a little chilly (I bet it does in this summer weather all the time right?) layer your look with a fun blazer. Then tie your hairup if the photoshoot gets a bit too hot. 

Well, I have a long post today huh? What do u guys think? Try out your own overall looks and go enjoy this awesome summer heat (yah right!)

Marnie,
XOXO

Share:

2 comments

  1. so pretty Marnie!!! where is the jacket in the last photos from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to get a good pair of overalls but keep forgetting to get some....thanks for reminding me! Haha- love the looks!

    xx,
    http://anythingwithstuds.com/

    ReplyDelete