Falling for Fall
Ahh! Hello my lovely bloggers, again. Long time no see. Sorry for being MIA lately. I haven't forgotten about you guys and gals!
It's just that senior happened. The next thing I know I was running around all week in suits and skirts trying to get an interview for a full-time job.
Yes, it's that time of my life. It's very interesting and nerve-racking at the same time. So besides from posting the usual outfit posts, I will be updating you guys on my job searching process. Oh fun!
So back to the fashion business. The layering days are here! If you guys have been following my blog or Instagram (@marnienpthao) long enough, you'll know that layering is one of my most favorite mixing techniques EVER!
THREE main reasons WHY I LOVE layering:
- Instead of just being able to mix 2 pieces of clothing, I'm now able to mix 5+ pieces of clothing together. That means more time sitting in my closet staring at nothing for inspriration. Who doesn't love that?
- Why do people layer? Easy. When it's freezing, you put on more. When it's sunnier in the day, you take stuff off. When you like your scarf, by all means wear it anyway you want. When you don't like your scarf anymore, tie it onto your bag, hide it somewhere I don't care. Layering is so versatile and fun I could do it all day everyday all year every year. Ahh!
- I am practically and literally broke as of last week. No more internships to focus on the full-time-job-search. So layering is a great way to reuse and rewear those REALLY old pieces that you have at the back of your closet. Dig hard! You might find surprising, beautiful things you've forgotten over the years.
- My favorite part, you get to re-wear things over and over again in a week (or over several weeks) and no one will notice. Hah! That's awesome because
- Creativity practice: you get to woop up that creative brain of yours, make it think, mix and match until you create 10 different looks from 3-4 pieces of clothing
- Savings on laundry: call me crazy, but admit you all do this. Wear a thing, hang it up, wear it in 2 days again, hang it up, wear it next week with another look, hang it up, smell it occasionally, wash it if necessary. I don't know about you all, but as a college student, this is the only way I can save a couple quarters from doing laundry to save up for that Green Tea Frap.
- Zara Safari Vest (seen here)
- Scarf from local Vietnamese store
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Baby Groovee Satchel
That's it for now. <My head singing Layering Layering yay! Layering layering yay!> A bit nerdy. I know.

0 comments