Teal hair, finally.


 I got myself some teal hair and I LOVE it! 
I have always wanted blue hair but the thought of being so different from everyone else is mind-blowingly scary. However, a wise young lady always said to me , "Yolo, life's too short." So I said back "Why not?" and got my life long dream done. I have never felt so much like myself before.  & Another bucket list item: checked.


However, getting blue hair means a lot of things. It means first of all,  living with the fact I'm gonna be judged by total strangers, almost like having tatoos, just less permanent. What will my boss think of me, not mentioning my coworkers who might not know me as much as I'd like them to be, or the neighbor next door?  As much as we wish that the internet have helped people become more open-minded, the reality is that the majority of people don't. But you know what? Aren't we all judged by everyone everyday? I have never let the opinion of other people stop what I want to do or wear, so why let it stop me from getting teal, or orange, or pink, or purple hair? 

Second of all, it means a change in style, what I wear and how I wear things. The good thing is a change in color = a change in attitude. And honestly, I've never felt so much joy in a long time (ever since I cut it) when  looking at my hair. I know dressing with a certain color already on the canvas will be hard, but I gladly accept the challenge and am excited for this coming summer when I can experiement and play with this new look of mine.

And lastly,  getting teal hair means bleaching my well-cared-for dark strands. And this was my most concerned issue when deciding to get teal highlights. I am still nervous for what or how my hair would become. But maybe that means more hair care exploring and posts for you guys? 


Be yourself, is what we always tell our kids and friends. But are we really living up our words? I hope I can inspire you (even if just a little) to take a bold move today and step closer towards who you are. You'll be surprised of how refreshing and joyful it'll make you feel. If you're afraid of what people will think,  follow the great Dr. Seuss philosophy: "Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." And truthfully, you'll be so elated with yourself that you won't even care about what anybody else thinks anymore.
Have a great great Sunday and I'll see you again next week! 

Marnie,  

Share:

0 comments