Isabel Marant for H&M: Review and Need-to-knows before you get yours on eBay
Isabel Marant for H&M collaboration launched today at many H&M stores worldwide and online. Queues to get into the stores started as early as 1:00am (New York) and many of the pieces ran out of stock in a matter of minutes (cray cray!)
I was the 41st person (first person in Group #3) to get into the store to shop and many pieces and ALOT of sizes were already sold out.
So, needless to say, I'm assuming ALOT of you guys are hoping to snatch these coveted designs from eBay or other online re-sell pages. However, before you do so. Read on.
First thing to note is that the whole collection runs SMALL. And by small I mean 2 sizes small (that's a lot). I am 5'2" , 100 pounds and usually wears size 2. I've already heard rumors of the collection running small, so I went in and grabbed mostly sizes 4 to try on. (Back-end story: I only had 15 minutes to shop before going into the dressing room. Once you go into to try on the clothes, you can't come back out and continue shopping)
So here's a list of what I wanted, tried on and came home with.
I wanted this coat, but it was sold out in like... minutes. Bummer. I wasn't partucularry looking at the shoes and booties but I noticed EVERYTHING was gone by the time I got to shop (after 30 minutes)
I tried on this jacket in size 4 and the wrist was REALLY tight. The whole garment was also vERY heavy and hard to move in (I'm assuming because it was too tight?- even in size 4) so I asked for a size 6 while in the fitting room. Every size of this jacket was sold out by then. I didn't get it just because I weighed more than my chihuahua. (Bummer for such a beautiful piece of garment.)So I ended up with this:
I went home with the silk pants in size 2, boyfriend jeans in size 2, silk dress in size 4, silk tank top in size 2, and the silk scarf in the same print.
First will be the pieces that I'm...ok with. Not my favourites.
This silk pants was the most true-to-size I have to say. I got it in size 2 and it fits perfectly. the high-waist could get a little too tight but other than that the length and fit is perfect.
These pair of jeans are... ok. I got them in size 2, but have a feeling they are a little to big on the calf and thigh for me. It does say "boyfriend" jeans so that might be the reason why... but not very flattering for my taste. I'm returning this.
This silk tank top in size 2 is perfect for a summer date night. I am a little confused to why it's even here when the collection was all about wintery glitter holiday outfits. It does runs a tad too big on the razor back but I kind of like that.
Onto my favorite pieces from the collection.
This silk dress was the first and only piece I really wanted to buy today. When I got there the whole rack was still (seemed) untouch so I was in luck. Size 2 did look REALLY small so I went with sizes 4 and 6 to try on. My first issue was that the bottom (skirt) was VERY tight. It was rather hard getting the dress in from top down. The fabric is not stretchy at all so I thought I was gonna tear it. The top for size 4 fits me perfectly. This is the perfect dress for holiday parties, birthdays, date night, etc. There's a small cutout at the back which I LOVE.
WARNING: If you have a wide hip, full rearend, or endorsed bossoms, you will find this dress hard to get in and move in. Consider buying a larger size.
This jacket and scarf is a complete unplanned purchase.The jacket looks absolutely beautiful in person and is also reversible. You don't need to worry about the fit becuase it's made to be big and baggy. The inner lining is super soft and comfy. BUY if you see it. The scarf is just beautiful since I love the print so much. It is very delicate and is not intended to be use to warm your body so keep that in mind.

Overall, I think today was a success. I had a lot of fun lining up at 6am and got the one piece that I really really wanted (and many other) and can't wait to style them with the different things from my closet.
Did you guys go line up? Bought this collection online? Or plan to re-buy them on eBay?
Love and Kisses,
Marnie
Tags:
Fashion Reviews
review



1 comments
Hello! Love your picks! I was in the first group at my store to shop. Here's my review of the collection, including the looped wool cardi coat: http://admitityourtwentiesareover.wordpress.com/2013/11/15/isabel-marant-pour-hm-my-review/
ReplyDeleteCheers!